Database update

gavin gavin at
Tue Jun 5 22:08:58 EST 2001

Hi all,

Several updated tables of high-temperature microorganisms are
available for download at

These files inventory thermophiles from numerous localities,
as well as their physiology and metabolism, that I have compiled
over the years.   Like the last version (Nov 2000), they are
subsets of a larger database, from which I filtered by temperature
and habitat.  This is how I organize isolates published in the
literature, and maybe other people will also find them useful.
Like always, comments and feedback are appreciated - Thank you.

Gavin Chan
Earth & Planetary Sciences        Tel: (314) 935-4080
Washington University             Fax: (314) 935-7361
Campus Box 1169                 email: gavin at
One Brookings Dr.                 www:
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899