Spirulina

Maria Del Carmen Selva Callado maselcal at etsia.upv.es
Fri Mar 2 06:30:52 EST 2001

Hi!
I'm a newcomer int this newsgroup. I'm an engineering
student an now ,I'm doing my ending projet about
Arthrospira (Spirulina before) ,and single cellular protein
mainly with the objective of nourishment (animal and human
feed). I thinck it's better an outdoor than photobioreactor
culture due to spanish conditions of light and heat.

But I've seen that it's possible the use of Spirulina
cultures with medioambiental purposes.
Somebody has even heard or read something about the use of
agricole wastewater as medium culture of Spirulina?(I'm
thinking about pig farms because of pollution in my area)
Not for lab work, but for industrie.
If that is so, what about the sanity side?
I've been also trying to find some species (bacteria or
algae) that could pollute some spirulina culture,
nevertheless it's no easier at pH=10.

Thank you very much
Mª Carmen