Help with PCR Thermo Cyclers

rpmdias at rpmdias at
Sat Mar 3 06:48:59 EST 2001

I'm trying to choose a PCR Thermo cycler, but I'm completely confused.
I was observing the Epperdoff and Stratagene and Biometra Termo Cyclers, but
it seems that has some problems of durability of the thermal lid and
temperature uniformity in the Blocks, mainly in Gradients models.
GeneAmp 9700 from PE biosystems doesn't have temperature gradient!!!??, but
for routine it resembles the best choise.
About  iCycle from BioRad, I haven't much information on him.

Somebody that could comment or to recommend a termocyclador please!!!

Best Regards
Ricardo Dias