Aimee023 at Aimee023 at
Sat Mar 10 15:12:54 EST 2001

I'm a Bacteriology student working on an unknown experiment.  We were to
isolate 2 unknown organisms and determine their identity down to Genus and
Species. I have had no problem getting the 2 organisms isolated and growing
successfully.  Here is my problem....I did several Gram Stains on Organism B
and it is definitely Gram Negative, the rods are short but there are
endospores!!  I did 2 endospore tests and my TA also concluded that I had
endospore formation.  I didn't think Gram Negative bacteria could produce
endospores. My TA cannot give me any additional information because this is
an independent assignment.  There is a list of possible organisms and my
unknown B doesn't fit any of these.  Can anyone provide
suggestions/advice...I would greatly appreciate it =)