Microbiology List: FW: surface sterilant

Rupal Deva rupal at cipmail.ukbf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 19 13:18:33 EST 2001

Hi!!

ethanol is not the only disinfectant one can use to disinfact the hood. /0
70% ethanol gives one of the best results, however other agents like
glyoxal 0.08% plus 50g/l 1-propanol or agents like chlorexylenol approx 5%
, terpenol approx 10 % with denatured alcohol 13.1% ( marketed as dettol
in india) or citramide ( marketed as sevalonin india) diluted at 1:10 can
be efficiently be used, I have found this concentration works well in
inhibiting most of the bacteria. you can just spray or wipe the hood with
it before using it. for general disinfection of hood once in a while
formalin gives good results. Hope this helps.

cheers
rupal

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Hochberg, Alan M wrote:

> [...]

---