Ultraviolet Ecolgy

Matt mattsn at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 20 01:23:43 EST 2001

Hello all,

I am currently putting together a website specifically on the effects of
ultraviolet radiation on marine bacteria, and on marine bacterial
communities. I am interested in both the effects of UV radiation at the
cellular and genetic level (such as mortality, genetic repair processes,
photoremediation) and the effects on ecology and community composition. I am
currently searching the literature on this topic, and am coming up with
somewhat scattered results. If anyone knows of any good sources of
information for this project, or of any particularly good authors in this
area, I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks a lot!

Matt Sniatynski
UBC Department of Biology