surface disinfectant

Dilworth bactitech at hortonsbay.com
Tue Mar 20 16:36:46 EST 2001


I was always under the assumption it was 20% bleach.  This was at my
former hospital that closed in 1996, but our safety officer from that
time now works at my place in chemistry on my shift, so I will run it by
him.  I'm sure he remembers.  As I said, we don't use bleach any more. 
We used this in our stainless steel hoods and I don't remember a
problem.  We squirted it on, and then wiped it up with paper towels.  It
obviously had to also be virucidal, as Hepatitis B was also a concern,
since we were plating urine and feces on our set up area.

I'm not at work again until Thursday, but I will check.

Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)
Microbiology

nmaccallister at webtv.net wrote:
> 
> Judy,.. isn't 20% rather high?




More information about the Microbio mailing list