acimet calcoaceticusdio anitratue???

Tim Chance tim.chance at tesco.net
Thu Mar 22 13:29:37 EST 2001

Sounds like Acinetobacter calcoaceticus var anitratus after partial
encryption. It is a skin organism, Gram-negative, aerobic, oxidase
negative. It can be isolated as a contaminant or pathogen, we occasionally
isolate it from urines. Some strains of, I think Acineto. baumanii can be
important pathogens in high dependency patients (ITU, neutropaenia).
Speciation tends to be a little difficult and we tend in most cases to stop
at genus level.

Sean Bishop <ArmyAnt at hitel.net> wrote in article
<99cv1n$j0m$1 at news.hitel.net>...