need help

Emir Khatipov khatipovNO at
Mon Nov 12 13:16:40 EST 2001

you are asking very general questions, i.e. those that require long answers
that does not fit the format of a newsgroup. I suggest you to get a book on
bioinformatics and gene analysis from your library and figure out what you
want to do further with your gene. I figure you already defined the ORF,
which means you might want to assign function to your gene. Try psi-blast,
or COG (clusters of orthologous groups) - both tools are at NCBI
( You may want to predict some structural features of
your protein - go to ... for everything else use the www
search engines to find info that you are looking for, check websites of
major molbio suppliers, like Stratagene, Invitrogen, Novagen, ...

news:3BEC3983.7C8065CC at