Spores or molds on aluminum or glass?

Juan&Tricia plem at erols.com
Sun Sep 2 16:44:11 EST 2001

All,

A good friend of mine who is an insurance adjuster asked me a question
about which I have no answer....not my particular specialty. I was
hoping someone here might know or point me out to someone who would.

He would like to know if there is a spore or mold that attaches itself
to vinyl or aluminum siding and/or glass. He says it is small, 1-2 mm in
diameter and is difficult to remove. If there might be such a thing,
what could be its genus, how is it spread, prevention methods and
possible remedies?

TIA

P. Echeagaray