What is the best source for the highest quality culture media?

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at tnw.tudelft.nl
Mon Sep 3 03:07:19 EST 2001

"David Smith" <31459 at 31459.com> wrote in message
news:Bu9k7.6339$151.466356 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> On behalf of my laboratory we would like to have your opinions concerning
> which source to use for the highest quality microbiological media
products.
> Is it BD, Oxoid, Remel, or some other manufacturer? We want the highest
> quality- minor price variations are of no concern. If you have had
problems
> with any company, please let me know.
> -DS

Within a given price range, there's not too much difference in quality - we
use Difco, Oxoid and BDH, depending on what formulation we want. Mind you,
we tend to buy the ingredients and make our own mixes as for research
purposes, it's useful to be able to control exactly what goes in.
Lesley Robertson
http://www.beijerinck.bt.tudelft.nl