Case Studies

KKiser6239 kkiser6239 at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 08:46:29 EST 2001

>Hello: I am looking for case studies on bacteriological infectious diseases.
>Can anyone recommend a good source? I am currently using the 1st Ed. of the
>Gilligan, Shapiro and Smiley book. I have ordered their second ed. which was
>published in 1997. I teach med. tech students and am looking for a more
>challenging format for them other than what is available in the BOR.
>Thanks.

I don't have my book home....is the book published by ASM?  If not ASM has a
case study book.

I also use the MMWR (ie. make up my own with their info.  ASM has case studies
at this site:  http://www.microbelibrary.org/

There are case studies on-line at this site:
http://path.upmc.edu/cases/dxindex.html

If you need the title etc. of the ASM book, let me know.

Karen

Karen M. Kiser MA MT(ASCP)
Clinical Lab. Tech./Phlebotomy
Stlcc. at Forest Park
St. Louis, MO USA
kkiser at stlcc.cc.mo.us
kkiser6239 at aol.com
http://www.stlcc.cc.mo.us/fp/users/kkiser/Fac.home.htm

 "If it walks like a deer and looks like a deer, it probably is a
deer.......even if it is sitting in a tree."

(On Feb. 26, 2001 local news reported retrieval of a deer from a tree ;)