can RK2 and SC101 replicon type plasmids replicate in same E. coli strain?

Duncan Clark junk at
Thu Apr 18 07:14:48 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost <3CBE70FC.7711AEFD at> on Thu,
18 Apr 2002, Pekka Virtanen <pelavi at> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>I need to consrtuct an E. coli strain which harbours two plasmids: the
>other has SC101 type replicon and the other RK2 type replicon. Can these
>replicate in the same host strain?
>Pekka Virtanen

As far as I can remember they are different so you should be OK. One way
to find out ...

sliced ....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.