Shaun Jones Bcereus at
Tue Apr 30 06:07:12 EST 2002

Dear All

I perform simple diagnostic parasitology procedures at home, and would like
to be able to sterilise slides and test tubes so that they can be reused.  I
would also like to do some basic microbiology and would need to be able to
make sterile agars and reagents.

I have been looking around for cheap benchtop autoclaves and these are far
too expensive.  I have also looked at pressure cookers and home canner
cookers.  The homer canner cookers seem to be most suitable, they have a
pressure gauge and large capacity.

Does anyone know a supplier within the UK where I can purchase a pressure
cooker designed for microbiology or home canning?

Any advice appreciated.