cryptosporidium & legionella

lamb loes at chello.nl
Fri Aug 9 15:00:21 EST 2002

Shaun Jones wrote:

>Also wondering what legislation there is regarding Legionella.  Why do
>companies/homes for the elderly take samples, is it because they have to?

I don't know the laws in this matter in the UK.
But if it is not law, then probably it is a strong guideline. In
institutions like this the temperature of the hot water supply is often
lower than recommended. So people don't get burnt by mistake.
In the Netherlands all public places like hospitals, nursing homes,
swimming pools, saunas etc. have to be tested regularly.
Loes