New Micro student needs to pick

Bill Nussbaumer wnussbau at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:35:29 EST 2002

In my opinion the newsgroups are certainly a viable source for such
questions.  Books are great but sometimes you need a little help from
an actual person to make certain concepts more clear.  You obviously
know about this group but be sure to check all of the other bio.net
groups available (http://www.bio.net/archives.html).

Just be sure to be fairly specific in your questions as potential
respondents may not be willing or able to take the time to go on at
length to answer general questions.  Don't just make a list of
questions and put them in a single post.  It's also important not to
rely wholy on newsgroups for information, but it can get you started
in the right direction.

I'd recommend some of the other bio.net groups.  From what I've seen
many of the people in this group are pretty intolerant to questions
from students related to schoolwork and rather than giving you
constructive feedback and direction they'll just berate you for being
lazy.

It's a shame your instructor doesn't have time for you?  Are you sure
about that?  Most instructors I've had in the past are willing to
answer questions ... some are just less approachable and I know a few
are just jerks.

Bill Nussbaumer