Plasmid loss?

Fri Jun 7 14:29:48 EST 2002

Most probably you just picked the satellite colony (non-resistant = not
baring a plasmid) that grown after amp has broken down in the medium due to
overincubation. Amp is not very stable and will brake down at 37C over a few
days. Take the original plate, wash of all the cells from the surface and
re-streak (or better, spread) a portion on a fresh amp plate. Next day pick
the resistant colonies. Otherwise, you may try to pick the largest colonies
from the original plate: most probably these are (were!) the
plasmid-containing ones.
Emir

news:bvv1gusocskj2imrk6a47qiokru5ihv4gi at 4ax.com...