Is the spread of viruses from mosquitoes significant?

JEDilworth bactitech at
Mon Jun 24 19:04:31 EST 2002

Here is the home page for the Division of Vector-Borne Diseases of the
CDC (Centers for Disease Control) in Atlanta. None of the diseases
listed is Hepatitis C or HIV. I would think that if this was a huge
threat, CDC would be concerned about it.

Mosquitoes are vectors of many diseases world-wide. This page is about

Malaria is just one parasitic disease carried by mosquitoes.

I think there are a whole lot of other diseases to worry about with
mosquitoes than HIV and Hep C.

Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)