operating theatre environmental monitoring

John Gentile yjgent at cox.net
Sat Mar 30 10:27:59 EST 2002

Years ago we used to do air sampling cultures and surface touch cultures. We
found that the information was totally useless. Does JCAHO mandate cultures
or colony counts, or just the word monitoring? Our Infection Control nurse
monitors these things by a variety of epidemiological methods - not to
include routine cultures.
--
John Gentile                            President,  Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at cox.net                      RIAG Web page:  www.wbwip.com/riag/