bacteria (specifically streptococcus)

wolfreed at yahoo.com wolfreed at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 17:02:15 EST 2002

I am a high school junior who is doing a science fair project involving two bacteria colonies, Streptoccus mutans and Streptococcus sanguis. I plan to observe them over a 3-4 week period; however, I need to know the protocol & procedure for growing these two colonies before my project can be approved. So far, I only know that these aerobic bacteria (which cause dental plaque & reside in the oral cavity) must be incubated at a temperature of 37 degrees Celsius and that S. mutans grows on brain-heart infusion agar while S. sanguis grows on blood agar. If any microbiology experts are feeling altruistic out there, please help me. Thanks!

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_microbiology&begin=0