chitin or chitosan from bacteria or fungi?

Richard Oeffner roeffner at
Tue Oct 1 16:23:33 EST 2002

No experience with production of those compounds, but I do know there are
chitinolytic bacteria. I am not sure which enzyme is used to degrade chitin, but
I have used a media with chitin overlay to isolate chitin degraders.