Rabies virus

John Gentile yjgent at cox.net
Tue Oct 1 20:53:36 EST 2002

There are many diseases in which the bodies immune system can't stem the
infection. Sometimes it is because the antibodies produced aren't enough to
disable the organism. It could be that the antigen doesn't produce a strong
enough response, and when the antibodies finally arrive it is too late.

Some organisms actually take over the immune system - Neisseria is noted for
growing and reproducing in the white blood cells and then bursting the cell
to go and infect more.

If every viral or bacterial disease followed the same pattern (btw, the
germs don't read the books!) then we would have defeated all the infectious
diseases by now.
--
John Gentile                            President,  Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at cox.net                      RIAG Web page:  www.wbwip.com/riag/