Campylobacter-Phage/phage typing

Smith Rhoad moshelevzvei at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 13:14:37 EST 2003

I am starting a project in which I need to locate a phage that would lyse a
C. jejuni isolate.  Well, I've just looked at the ATCC prices, and to order
a complete set of the typing phage and the host strains would run 8 Grand.

Can anyone refer me to a lab. in the US that might be able to take my C.
jejuni culture and find a phage that would lyse it.  For my purposes I don't
need a complete
phage typing analysis. The phage itself is unimportant so long as it will
lyse my C. jejuni  strain.

For more info/ possible collaboration and co-authorship--
please respond to

ziprXin at ffsXru.taXXmu.edu

or phone 979-260-9302
or leave return phone number with our  secretary at 979-260-9484.

(remove the Xs from the email address and ignore
any other internet address that may show in the headers.)