Music Video Microscopy - "Microscopic Horrors"

Scott Coutts scott.coutts at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Aug 9 06:39:19 EST 2004

Kris Hartung wrote:

> Hello Folks -
>
> I just released an experimental music video, "Microscopic Horrors,"
> incorporating music from my recently released
> improvisational/experimental CD "Places" and videos of live
> microscopic organisms, which I shot live using a USB enabled
> microscope.  This production is partly educational, yet a fun and
> subtle parody of classic 50's horror flicks.  Based on my research
> thus far, it appears to be the first of its kind in terms of the video
> content, the avant-garde/improvisational sound-track, and the overall
> intent and genre.  However, I am desperately seeking to prove myself
> wrong.
> If you know of a video production like "Microscopic Horrors," please
> send me references so that I can document them with the project.
>
> I have sent 50 copies of the DVD to contacts around the world, and I'm
> now looking for other viewer comments before I have it professionally
> manufactured and distributed this fall.  View more information on the
> DVD, plus sample video clips, at http://www.krisphartung.com (click
> "music & video" and "more information" under the DVD section).
>
> I would appreciate any comments sent to me personally.
>
> Regards,
>
> Krispen Hartung
> http://www.krispenhartung.com

Hi Kris,

Well, I cant think of any videos that use 'real' microscopy, but there's
a Bjork song that was done by a CG company called GlassWorks. They
developed software to render membranes and other biological forms. You
can read about it here:

http://www.glassworks.co.uk/search_archive/jobs/bjork_nature/

PS: the link you gave in your last message was broken. The one at the
very end works...

Scott.