[Microbiology] Re: Filtration problem

John Gentile yjgent at cox.net
Wed Aug 17 21:00:55 EST 2005

in article 1124307680.404187.20300 at g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Sly_76 at
sylvaincyr at hotmail.com wrote on 8/17/05 3:41 PM:

> So, I've tried 5 um prefilter and the .45um clogged again... The
> indesirable particles seems to be between .45 and 5 um.... I'll try 1
> and 2 um prefilter next time...

Why do you have to filter at all? Just make 5 flasks with 90 ml culture
broth and add 10 ml fluid to each one. That way you don't end up catching
organisms in you pre filter and missing something.

John Gentile                            Editor,  Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at cox.net                      RIAG Web page:  www.wbwip.com/riag/
"I never make mistakes, I only have unexpected learning opportunities!"