[Microbiology] Re: Filtration problem

John Gentile yjgent at cox.net
Wed Aug 17 21:00:55 EST 2005

in article 1124307680.404187.20300 at g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Sly_76 at
sylvaincyr at hotmail.com wrote on 8/17/05 3:41 PM:

> So, I've tried 5 um prefilter and the .45um clogged again... The
> indesirable particles seems to be between .45 and 5 um.... I'll try 1
> and 2 um prefilter next time...

Why do you have to filter at all? Just make 5 flasks with 90 ml culture
broth and add 10 ml fluid to each one. That way you don't end up catching
organisms in you pre filter and missing something.

--
John Gentile                            Editor,  Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at cox.net                      RIAG Web page:  www.wbwip.com/riag/