Pictures @ the Moderator particulary

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at tnw.tudelft.nl
Thu Mar 10 07:20:22 EST 2005

"N10" <limbic_lesion at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d0p9nm$2d2$1 at sparta.btinternet.com...
> Hi
>
> Does this group support posting pictures. Ive just finnished 6 months
> validation of spiral plating and optical counting and I had the thought to
> share some pictures.

The Newsgroups are set up for text only - to the point where some newservers
will reject  messages with binary attachments. Apart from anything else,
many people are very sensitive about attachments from folk they don't know
these days. There is a collection of groups intended for binaries, but they
don't have the best reputation in the world.

> Also I would be interested in seeing photos of other peoples work or items
> such as Lesley's photon emitting bugs.

The easiest way to do it is to do what I did, stick them on a web site and
invite people to have a look. I've done this with stuff from the Archive I
look after as well - http://www.beijerinck.bt.tudelft.nl - and it's been
pretty well-received, with periodic requests for permission to use the pics
in publications coming in.
Lesley Robertson