[Microbiology] Large Plasmid Isolation

byh via microbio%40net.bio.net (by byhfly2002 At 163.com)
Sat Dec 30 14:11:23 EST 2006

Dear Michael Hynes:

I am a PHD student from China (major is environmental science). I have read
your message about the large plasmid isolation in the internet.

I want to know which method is the best when I want to extract the large
plasmid (unknown) from bacteria which was isolated from activated sludge as
standard alkaline  lysis method may not suitable for it, or I have to buy
some commercial product such as QIAGEN kit etc.

Best wishes

Yaohui Bai