[Microbiology] E. coli ATCC 25922

Nemec Ana Ana.Nemec at vf.uni-lj.si
Thu Jul 13 11:35:30 EST 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a postgraduate student of veterinary medicine in Slovenia involved
periodontal research. Recently I was involved in some preliminary
using E.coli ATCC 25922 in peroral/inhalational infection in mice. When
searching for as much pathogenicity data as possible about E.coli 25922
had some problems and I will be very glad if you can help me with some
guidelines or reccommending a book or article(s) about facts I am

I've read that this E.coli is a clinical isolat - intestinal? It is O6
serotype, producing alpha-hemolysin but not verotoxin. What is clinical
relevance of this bacteria? Is it enterohaemorrhagic, enterotoxic,...?
this bacteria have any mechanisms for anchoring on the (epithelial)
Does it have any other virulence factors? What are its mechanisms for
induction (e.g. after intraperitoneal infection) - LPS binding to
Does E.coli ATCC 25922 have some mechanism for binding on cells of upper
gastrointestinal tract, simmilar to e.g. Porphyromonas gingivalis
esophagus)? Are there any data on the resistance of this bacteria?

Thank you a lot for your help and information. Hope to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Ana Nemec