[Microbiology] Re: Isolation of compounds from sillica gel

N10 via microbio%40net.bio.net (by limbic_lesion from hotmail.com)
Thu May 22 15:42:37 EST 2008

"rOHITASH jAMWAL" <rohitash13 from gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.180.1211468470.3533.microbio from net.bio.net...
> Hello folks
> I am trying to extract my compounds from TLC plate(Sillica gel)...I have
> used ethanoloc extracts for assay.
>
> Could anyone please guide me how to isolate active compounds from sillica
> gel.
>
> Rohitash
> rohitash13 from gmail.com

Hi Rohitash

What type or class of compound do you think you might be extracting ?

Is an ethanolic  extractant the best choice ?

Look to the composition of the mobile phase which produced the target band
in the first place. The chemical composition of that should indicate the
nature of a suitable extractant for you

Also how do you know that your current approach has been unsuccesfull. ?

What you mean by an active compound ?

Bets N10 ;)