[Microbiology] Counting bacteria

RUTH SIELE via microbio%40net.bio.net (by ruthsiele from yahoo.com)
Sat Oct 18 10:54:12 EST 2008

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have bacteria and a membrane

My objective is to analyze the deposition of the bacteria on the membrane with time.

To do this, - I have prepared 0.1 OD (600) bacterial solution
               - I run the solution through the membrane in a flow cell under flourescent
               - I took pictures of the deposited bacteria in every 15 minutes using 40x
                 objective lens.
*Now, i want to Aanlyze the number of bacteria deposited on the membrane with time.

* Thus, instead of counting all the deposited bacteria one by one, I am looking for any
   othere means which can help me get the number of deposited bacteria per unit area of
   the membrane? I was using the 40x lens.

Thanks so much again for your help,

looking forward to hearing from you
Sincerly yours,