[Microbiology] Re: questions about a virus

N10 via microbio%40net.bio.net (by limbic_lesion from hotmail.com)
Thu Sep 4 17:46:18 EST 2008

Lin Hello

What a really good question....well done

In broad brush strikes what you assert is in the main true.

Most treatments for viral diseases are preventative  via vaccination route.

Alternatively  in a relative small number of cases medications may be used
to control or suppress dromal diseases.

Example include control of  HIV, Herpes type I and  some forms of Hepatitis.
Conditions caused by ocogenic viruses tend to focus
relatively destructive  regimes targeted at infected tissues.

Why are you interested ?

N10

"Lin Andis" <linasmuch from gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1382.1220566911.3533.microbio from net.bio.net...
I am confused maybe you can help me sort it out.

Has medical science ever found a "cure" for a virus? Any virus?  I know we
have vaccines for them… at least I think we do… isn't polio and smallpox a
virus.  What about chicken-pox and measles and all those childhood diseases
that we get only once?  We are "vaccinated" by getting the virus and
creating our own antibodies (like the article said). Right?  And does all of
this mean that we will probably not find a "cure" but rather a "vaccine" for
Aids?

I hope I haven't ask too many questions, and hope I am email the right
person, thanks in advance for they help… if you aren't the person that I am
looking for; maybe you could put me in touch with someone that could answer
my questions.

Inquiringly, Lin
linasmuch from gmail.com

I found your email on this website