[Microbiology] pH 3 Glucose yeast peptone agar medium does not solidified....

litnes via microbio%40net.bio.net (by vaanie_84 from yahoo.com)
Wed Sep 17 23:27:10 EST 2008

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a difficulity in solidifying the agar medium to pH 3. the agar
that i used is glucose yeast peptone, the composition is as follows,

1. glucose - 5g
2. peptone - 5g
3. Yeast extract - 3g
4. Agar - 20g
5. Distilled water - 1000ml

The agar was prepared as usual, but the pH was changed into a range,
from pH 3 to pH 7. After autoclaving the media, the other medium with
different range of pH is able to solidified, but the pH 3 does not
solidified at all. It remain as a broth even the agar was added before
this. In addition, the pH 4 medium is partially solidified, that means
it shows the semi solid characteristic. I have repeated the
preparation but it still give me the same result. I do not know what
parameter that i have to change it now. Is i need to change the
composition agar into much higher percentage?