[Microbiology] isolation of bacteria

RUTH SIELE via microbio%40net.bio.net (by ruthsiele from yahoo.com)
Fri Sep 19 14:22:11 EST 2008

hi all,
Thanks for your suggestions in advance,
I am trying to isolate the bacteria from brackish water. I incubated the brackish water for three weeks. When I centrifuge the culture after three weeks, I couldn't get any pellets to extract the DNA. I streak them in LB plates but it will be culture dependent.

Thus, I am looking for your suggestions if there is other means by which i can extract the DNA or if there is anything I have to do so as to get pellets from the culture

Thanks,

Ruth