[Microbiology] Distance Master programmes in Computational Biology

Heather Vincent via microbio%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Wed Dec 30 04:29:53 EST 2009

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
teaching a range of online MSc courses in computational biology.  These
courses are designed to enable those with a background in the life
sciences, computer science, mathematics or related disciplines to update
their skills, while remaining in the workplace.  The courses are also
very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

Following a review of our programmes we are now delighted to be able to
announce the introduction of new course themes in :

Computational Bioinformatics
Computational Systems Biology

The individual courses can be studied by anyone wishing to apply
computational methods in their research.  Those wishing to progress to
the MSc will complete a supported research project.  Examples of
projects published in a range of journals are listed here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/research/index.html

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk