How to compare trees

Mats.Sundvall at bmc.uu.se Mats.Sundvall at bmc.uu.se
Sat Mar 17 14:58:20 EST 1990

Does somebody out there have some comments on how to compare evolutionary
trees calculated by maximum parsimony algorithms. If I generate one
tree that is based upon one gene and another tree based upon another
gene, how can I tell if they are significantly different from each other.

One method may be to impose the structure of both trees one one gene and
calculate how many changes it takes in each position. Then doing a sign test
or something similar may give me a some info on how good they are.

But I suppose something must have been done in this area before. Maybe
somebody can ngive me some hints.

	Sincerly,

--
		Mats Sundvall

		Biomedical Center		+46/18174583
		University of Uppsala		Mats.Sundvall at BMC.UU.SE
		Sweden				psi%24020019700620::MATS