WHAT IS NEEDED FOR PHYLIP

arnold%gandal.dnet at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU arnold%gandal.dnet at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU
Thu Nov 22 09:46:00 EST 1990

There are four things that come to mind that PHYLIP needs:

1) point and click interface. I think PHYLIP has the widest
range of methods, but it is more difficult to use than PAUP.
X-windows (and hence DECwindows may be a possible standard)

2) analysis using extensions of the Lake invariants for more
than 5 taxa.

3) more graphics

4) conversion routines for output from GCG to PHYLIP data format, i.e
TOPHYLIP and TOGCG.

I hope you mean the bulletin board as a posting, Joe. I am a newcomer,
rather than EMAIL to you.
                            ARNOLD%GANDAL.DNET at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU