Features needed in phylogeny programs (request)

Joe Felsenstein joe at GENETICS.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Nov 22 07:50:27 EST 1990

In the interest of generating more discussion in the molecular-evolution
newsgroup, I would be interested in seeing postings (rather than e-mail)
on the question:

  What features are needed in future programs for inferring phylogenies?

I am at work on the next version of my own package and it would help me to
hear what people think is needed (no guarantees that I will take any of the
suggestions, of course).

Please do *not* cross-post responses to Usenet netnews sci.bio as the
noise/signal ratio is too high there and we will be swamped with useless

-----
 Internet/ARPANet: joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.208.128.1)
 Bitnet/EARN:      felsenst at uwalocke
 UUCP:             ... uw-beaver!evolution.genetics!joe