Need suggestions for fast-clock proteins

Eric E. Snyder eesnyder at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Fri Feb 8 09:54:48 EST 1991

davison at (Dan Davison) writes:

>In a discussion earlier this evening a friend and I were trying to
>name fast-clock proteins that were *not* species-specific, and we
>couldn't think of any.  So, I would appreciate suggestions, as this is
>going to keep me awake nights until I find out...

This suggestion isn't much better than species specific but....

If you are in class Mammalia, the caseins certainly mutate at a
rapid clip.  There are (ca.) 37 entries in PIR last time I checked.
These include a number of different types of caseins, related only
name.  However, one could probably make a number of parallel trees
of the class which would, if nothing else, make an interesting exercise.

Eric E. Snyder
Department of MCD Biology              Proctoscopy recapitulates
University of Colorado, Boulder        hagiography.
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0347