Freedom of Expression

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Thu Nov 28 13:18:49 EST 1991

> Rather, why not publicize the
> means by which news (or mail for that matter) may be filtered?  If some
> people don't want to read postings by certain others, they should just
> learn about the joys of kill files and mail filters.

This is great for those who are in to news/mail technology.  Most of
our readers aren't.  It seems more reasonable to me to ask the
offender to pipe down instead of having to ask everyone else on the
group to jump through hoops because one person is out of line.  I
guess one could make the analogy that if one person breaks the law,
let's lock up the rest of society so that the offender can not get to
them 8-).

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our U.S. readers!  Hope you
like controversy with your turkey 8-).

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager