Out of Africa

Jones Maxime Murphy morphy at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Nov 25 12:29:17 EST 1991

ethan at ut-emx.uucp (Ethan Tecumseh Vishniac) writes:

>Any comments?  I have no emotional ties to any side in this debate since
>I can't see any rational implications for racial politics in modern
>America (but then, using `rational' and `racial politics' in the same
>sentence is probably wishful thinking).

I have difficulty with that statement. Only an alien can have "no emotional
ties" to a debate about humans, which is what this is, after all. You're quite
right about the rational thang, but a lot of people in "science" have strong
negative gut reactions to the thought of an African population conquering a
less intelligent European one.

For instance, recent developments in the Caribbean(where I'm from) bring to
mind Haiti. How many people know that in order to win independence in 1804, the
Haitians successively defeated armies from Royalist France, Spain, Imperial
Britain, and Napoleon(his worst defeat before Russia)? A spectacular achievement
for a population of less than 500,000, two-thirds born in African and sold west.
Yet this is completely ignored by "Western Civilization", since it is not in
accord with the paradigms of "progress" and Euro domination.
Jones
--
:)