Position in plant molecular systematics

Kent E. Holsinger HOLSINGE at UCONNVM.BITNET
Tue Nov 19 08:27:02 EST 1991

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at The University of
Connecticut anticipates an opening for an assistant professor in
plant systematics.  We invite applications from individuals working
in any area of plant systematics, but we are particularly interested
in those that will develop an active research program using molecular
analyses of the nuclear or chloroplast genome.  We hope to find
someone that will complement our existing strengths in plant
population and community ecology, evolutionary biology, molecular
evolution, and systematics.  The successful candidate will be expected
to teach a course in systematic botany to upper-division
undergraduates, to develop a graduate course in an appropriate area,
to participate in one of our introductory biology courses, and to
supervise a moderate-sized herbarium.

The Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology has 26 faculty
members whose research interests include:  animal behavior;
entomology; parasitology; marine biology and limnology; population
and ecological genetics; animal and plant physiological ecology;
population, community, and ecosystems ecology; theoretical ecology
and genetics; systematics; plant reproductive biology; plant and
animal morphology; biogeography; evolutionary biology; and molecular
evolution.  The Departments of Molecular & Cell Biology and
Physiology & Neurobiology have an additional 50 faculty members, and
many of them have close ties with Ecology & Evolutionary Biology.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of research
interests, reprints of published papers, and at least three letters
of reference to:  Dr. Kent E. Holsinger, Chair, Plant Systematist
Search Committee, Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, The
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT  06269-3043.  Applications
received by 27 January 1992 will be assured of full consideration.

The University of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.  We encourage applications from all
well-qualified individuals, especially women and minorities, and we
thank you for bringing this position to their attention.