how many hemagglutinins 3D structures?

ABOLA at PB1.PDB.BNL.GOV ABOLA at PB1.PDB.BNL.GOV
Thu Jul 23 13:50:28 EST 1992

>Does anybody know how many influenza strain A hemagglutinins have
>been crystallized and their structure determined? I don't have access
>to the Brookhaven structural database. Can I log-in somewhere to access
>this database on an anonymous basis?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Yannick Pouliot
>Montreal Neurological Institute

The following are in the current PDB release:

1HGD  HEMAGGLUTININ MUTANT(G135(A)R)          D.WILEY ET AL.
1HGE  HEMAGGLUTININ MUTANT(G135(A)R)/NEU5AC2MED.WILEY ET AL.
1HGF  HEMAGGLUTININ                           D.WILEY ET AL.
1HGG  HEMAGGLUTININ/ALPHA(2,3)SIALYLLACTOSE   D.WILEY ET AL.
1HGH  HEMAGGLUTININ/NEU5AC(ALPHA)2BAC         D.WILEY ET AL.
1HGI  HEMAGGLUTININ/4-ACETYL-NEU5AC(ALPHA)2ME D.WILEY ET AL.
1HGJ  HEMAGGLUTININ/9-AMINO-NEU5AC(ALPHA)2ME  D.WILEY ET AL.

You can get further information by using WAIS -

	PDB source can be accessed using the following:

	Internet name: irisc2.pdb.bnl.gov
        Internet address: 130.199.144.8
        TCP port: 210
        Database-name: protein-data-bank

enrique

enrique e. abola                 |   BITNET:    abola at bnlchm
Protein Data Bank                |   INTERNET:  abola1 at bnl.gov
Department of Chemistry          |   Tel:	(516)-282-4383
Brookhaven National Laboratory   |   Fax:       (516)-282-5751
Upton NY 11973                   |