Request for suggestions to improve Molecular Biology and Evolution

DRBH at DB1.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU DRBH at DB1.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU
Tue Jul 21 11:05:00 EST 1992

July 21, 1992

Dear Colleagues,
	I will assume responsibility for editing Molecular
Biology and Evolution starting with Volume 11 (1994).
Because of the usual gap between acceptance and publication
my responsibilities will actually start about a year from
now.
	You are the community that is served by MBE, and it would
therefore be very helpful to me to learn how you feel about
the journal.  Do you currently read MBE?  What are we doing
well that you don't want to see changed?  What are we not
doing well?  What should we change, and how?  Do you publish
in MBE?  If not, what sorts of changes would encourage you to
do so?  If so, what can we do to facilitate your authorship?
Are there areas of Molecular Evolution that we over
emphasize?  Are there areas that are under-represented?
	Please consider this an open invitation, both now and in
the future, to suggest improvements.
	Those suggestions will be welcome by phone
(716)J275P0721, by FAX (716) 275-2070, by E-mail (Bitnet:
DRBH at UORDBV, or Internet:DRBH at DB1.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU), or by
regular mail (Barry G. Hall, Biology Dept., River Campus,
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA).

Sincerely,
Barry G. Hall