Gap coding program

Joe Felsenstein joe at GENETICS.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon May 4 15:37:03 EST 1992

Nancy Bowers has asked about Jim Archie's programs for coding continuous
characters into discrete ones.

For information on Jim Archie's character coding program, contact him at

  archie at

at California State University, Long Beach.

(In my mind there is some question whether one should discretize a
continuous character rather than treating it continuously.  For my
skeptical thoughts on this you might look up pages 460-463 in my review in
Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics (vol. 19: 445-471) in 1988.)

 Internet:         joe at     (IP No.
 Bitnet/EARN:      felsenst at uwavm