What Genomes have been Sequenced?

Keith Robison robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 12 22:24:41 EST 1992

klier at iscsvax.uni.edu writes:

>Keith Robison writes:
>> 	Chloroplast -- liverwort, tobacco, rice, beechdrops
>> 	Plant mitochondrial -- liverwort (Chlamydomonas? -- I'm not sure)
>> 	Arabidopsis  -- a few cosmid-sized (50Kb) segments done.

>Ah, the zoological biases strike again ;-)

>Chlamydomonas is an alga.
Ooopss --- and I even used to work on the thing, so I know better.
However, in my defense, I believe the rRNA data puts the green
plant -- green alga split after the animal-fungal-plant radiation,
so the clumping is not entirely without basis (On the other hand,
Chlamy's mitochondrial genome doesn't look like that of land plants,
so get out the wet noodle for another round :-)

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Cellular & Developmental Biology
Department of Genetics / HHMI

robison at ribo.harvard.edu