Meeting on ancient DNA-- request info.

Mario DePillis grad student 1-15-91 mario at MUNDO.ECO.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Apr 5 20:02:46 EST 1993

Check out the listing in the 12 March Science under "Meetings:"

Second International Conference on Ancient DNA
Smithsonian Institution
Oct. 7-9, 1993, Washington, D.C. Focus on the role of museums and natural
history collections in ancient DNA research. Registration deadline is May 1,
1993. For more information contact Ancient DNA Conference, LMS, Smithsomian,
MRC 534, MSC, Washington, DC   20560. Telephone 301-238-3444. E-mail:
oldDNA at

I'd like to hear what happens there (can't afford to go myself), so if
anyone finds a digest of some sort, let me know.  I'm particularly
interested in policy issues that might come up.  There is a bill " The
Baucus Bill" in Congress that might have direct bearing on the
collection and dissemination of ancient DNA.

 Mario S. De Pillis Jr.
 e-mail: mario at
 Telephone: 512-452-2146
 physical mail:  P.O. Box 8576, Austin, TX 78713, USA
 fax (Dept. of Economics): 512-471-3510