Superfamily phylogenetics

Bernard R. Baum num239 at MBDS.NRC.CA
Mon Apr 19 21:27:49 EST 1993

Hi Joe:
This is related, but slightly off the topic.
There is an opinion, supported by a great number of people, that distance
method are not really cladistic methods. I disagree, besides the
semantic aspect of it. What is your position on this and what are your
reasons for your position.

Bernard
      +------Bernard R. Baum, Principal Research Scientist--------------+
      |      Centre for Land and Biological Resources Research          |
      |      Agriculture Canada, Wm. Saunders Building                  |
      |      Central Experimental Farm, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A0C6 |
      |      Phone    : (613) 996-1665, Ext. 7356 or 7306               |
      |      Facsimile: (613) 943-0953                                  |
      |      Bitnet   : NUM239 at MBDS.NRC.CA or AG190CER at NCCCOT2.AGR.CA   |