Steven J. Gould

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Thu Dec 9 17:04:28 EST 1993

>>An open letter to Steven J. Gould:
>>

>Sorry, Steven can't come out to play today.  Did you read the FAQ's for
>all the groups you cross posted this into?  In alt.atheism, Bible quotes
>aren't considered evidence for anything real.  So before others tell you:

>FUCK OFF.  Read a FAQ.  Get a clue.

>Thank you.

I am getting complaints from BIOSCI/bionet readers about this thread
in general.  Unfortunately due to the propensity for some people to
crosspost, this thread has gone into other USENET groups outside of
the bionet hierarchy and is thus attracting postings via that
mechanism.

I'd like to make it clear that bionet.molbio.evolution is intended for
discussion of *molecular evolution* by people who are researchers in
the field.  It is **most emphatically not** for creation versus
evolution debates or for language such as the type used above.  If you
read this message in alt.atheism or another USENET group, PLEASE do
NOT include bionet.molbio.evolution in any of your follow-up postings
to this discussion thread.

Thanks in advance,

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson