Is there a good alignment program?

Andrew Hobbs andrewh at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 9 04:54:37 EST 1993

Andrew Hobbs (andrewh at uniwa.uwa.edu.au) wrote:
: farmerj at yvax.byu.edu wrote:
: :      Two of my colleagues and I are looking for a program which
: : will align DNA sequences from different populations and from
: : different species.  We would like to be able to align several
: : (ten or more) sequences at a time.

: Hi,
A program I use for aligning sequences is multalin.  It is
: shareware (I think - but says in documentation).  It can align up to
: 256 sequences and up to fairly lengthy ones, but the limit is
: determined by the product of lengths and number of sequences, and of

rest deleted
Sorry about that but I didn't put in my autograph

Andrew Hobbs
Biochemistry
University of Western Australia
andrewh at uniwa.uwa.edu.au