Steven J. Gould

A. Channing u9219722 at radon.sys.uea.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 10:21:06 EST 1993

In article <2e80qrINN5pd at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, rpoirier at kirk (Ron Cass Poirier) writes:
|> In article <1993Dec8.095001.20045 at bradford.ac.uk>  writes:
|>
|> (Post about non-existence of immortal souls deleted)
|>
|> > Are you a Jehovah's Witness? I have only heard them expouse this idea
|> > before and so am wondering if there are more varieties than them who
|> > hold to this.
|>
|> 	My ex-girlfriend is a Christadelphian, a fundamentalist sect (?)
|> that also believes this.  In addition, they do not vote, and neither do
|> they believe in Satan as a personal being.  How one would get around these
|> particular beliefs by saying that they are present in the Bible is
|> somewhat beyond me - we never argued about the Satan thing because I had
|> no problems accepting it, and as far as voting goes...  Well, it couldn't
|> be DIS-proved from scripture, either.
|> 	There aren't many Christadelphians.  I remember there was some
|> nationwide youth trip she went on a couple years ago young adherents to
|> the faith frequently go on, and the purpose of the thing is at least
|> partly to get young "believers" together as potential marriage partners.
|> There are only about 50 or so in my entire state of RI.
|> 	It is my shrugging belief that the group will eventually disperse
|> due to lack of members, though this could take generations.  Meantime, the
|> tears I weep for her loneliness and that of others like her are very real.
|>
|> > : Sincerely;
|> > : C. Allen Roy
|>
|> 	- Ron P.   ^*^
|>
|> 	P.S. an interesting thing about the Ecclesiastes quote is that
|> "The dead will never again partake of anything that is done under the
|> Sun."  Does this not also refute the possibility of a ressurection at the
|> end of the world?  Or will there be a Sun then?

Or does it mean that the physical body in that form will never partake
in anything that is done under the sun after death? After all, it is the
physical body which dies, not the spirit, which lives on.....

Ant, A Wayward Son of Mother Earth         #
                                          # #
                                         #   #
"If one were to take               #################
 the bible seriously                #  #       #  #
 one would go mad                     ##       ##
 But to take the bible                # ##   ## #
 seriously, one must be              #    ###    #
 already mad"                        #  ##   ##  #
 A.Crowley                          # ##       ## #